Monday, October 18, 2021

Social Emotional Learning in Preschool

 

Stock image in Canva

My ICDP goal for this year is focusing on the area of social emotional skills.  I have notice more and more each year that kids are coming to school without knowing coping skills to deal with big emotions.  I want to be able to better identify my students feelings as well as helping them identify their own feelings.  My goal is to have students be able to identify how they are feeling and ways to help cope with those feelings in a more positive way.

Currently students are quick to scream, cry and throw fits if they are upset or frustrated.  We practice taking calming breaths.  I would like to add in more options for students.  I would also like students to be able to identify that they are getting upset before it reaches that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment