Monday, October 18, 2021

Really Great Reading



 I am focusing on implementing the program “Really Great Reading” for my ICDP for this year. I chose this because it is something brand new that I have not used before. The school purchased this program over the summer and it was used during summer school.

I am excited to learn this program because it is “all there.” It will not require me to search for activities and lessons to help my struggling readers – the program is all laid out in sequential order.

I love that the program follows a scope and sequence so no aspect of acquiring reading skills will be missed. The lessons are fast-paced, have simple structure and are repetitive – perfect for the Title I reading setting.

I am excited to learn this program and hope I am successful in using it to help my students become better readers. Our school goal is to have 80% of students reading at grade level and I am hoping Really Great Reading will help achieve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment