Monday, October 18, 2021

Number Sense


I am planning to focus on “number sense” for my ICDP goal this year. Since I have focused on this topic before for grades K-2, I am planning to expand my research and implementation to cover grades 3-4 as well. I would like to implement more “number sense” activities for students in grades 3-4 because they often do more advanced computation but don’t really understand “why” they are doing what they’re doing.

As a school, we continue to work towards improving our math scores. By increasing number sense in students in grades K-4, scores should hopefully improve not only at the elementary level but eventually in the upper grades as well. For resources, I plan to use the Math Stackers Discovery Guide as well as numerous resources from Building Math Minds. I will also be implementing activities from the # Sense 101 and # Sense 201 courses presented by Christina Tondevold.

By researching and implementing number sense activities for grades K-4, I hope to see student’s understanding of mathematical concepts increase. In turn, their increased understanding should lead to improved math scores both in the classroom and on standardized testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment