Monday, October 18, 2021

Top 20 for Social Emotional Learning

 


I want to focus on using the top 20 language to help redirect students to the learning. I feel that using a common language that students are being taught will get them back on track quicker than normal, more naggy, interactions for the same reason. 

 I only have anecdotal evidence so far on this, but there is a large amount of time wasted in class trying to get a few kids back on track constantly.  For this reason, I want to look at how to employ self-reflection techniques in the classroom to increase student mindfulness of their actions. The goal is to get myself to use the concepts in the top 20 programs to help students be more in control. This should lead to more time on task and hopefully better classroom interactions with myself and students.

 I currently intend to read the Top 20 Teens and the Top 20 Teachers books to implement some of the ideas that the students are learning in their 21st-century skills class.

To track my progress I will be taking baseline data by the end of this week with Beth and informally myself. Then periodically as I progress in reading and through the class have more data points to see how often the students are being redirected and if it is using the Top 20 techniques or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment