Sunday, September 12, 2021

Engaging Students through Bell Ringers

What's My Plan?

Young student is lying on the floor and looks his laptop. Isolated on white. Stock Photo. Clipart.com School Edition, Vital Imagery Ltd., 15-06-2012, https://schools.clipart.com/download.php?iid=328814&tl=photos. Accessed 12-09-2021.


I would like to focus on bell ringers for my courses to improve classroom management and MTSS. I think having an attendance question at the beginning of each class will help build relationships with students. Then having them work on a bell ringer prompt will help keep them on task at the beginning of class so that class time is not being wasted. From past experience, I recognize that the days I have bell rings students are more focused compared to the days we do not have a bellringer. 

One of the areas I want to research is best practices for bell ringers. I want to make sure that my bell ringers are accessing students’ prior knowledge and that they are being used as a formative assessment. I plan on using a tally system to track what classes are on task at the start of the period from using the bellringers. I also plan on surveying the students about the bellringers to get their feedback on how well it helps keep them engaged.


Submitted by: Kelsie Engelken

No comments:

Post a Comment